Introduction. South Downs Bloodhounds collects limited information about its members, staff, farmers and landowners. The information is primarily contact information and the nature of interaction with the hunt (i.e. sponsor, rider, landowner, foot follower, etc.) We mainly communicate via email, post and social media but may communicate verbally for more urgent matters. Communications are for informational purposes, membership updates and for the promotion of hunt events and other associated activities.
Type of information we have. We currently collect and process the following information:
- Email address
- Contact telephone numbers
- Details of involvement with the hunt (riding member, foot follower, landowner, sponsor, etc.)
How we get the information. Most of the information we have is provided by you for one of the following reasons:
- Membership of the hunt or the supporters’ club
- Farmer or landowner in hunt country
- Attendance at a day’s hunting
- Participation in one of our events
- Sponsorship of a fund-raising activity
- Completion of a sign up form on our website
- Interaction on our Facebook or Instagram profiles
How long do we retain your information. South Downs Bloodhounds will not retain information for longer than is necessary for the purposes we collect it. For example, we will hold information of our members for the duration of their membership. If you are a subscriber to our newsletter we will hold your information for as long as you allow us to (there are options to unsubscribe on our email correspondence to you). You are entitled to request that any of your data is deleted from our records at any time.
Our lawful basis for processing your information: South Downs Bloodhounds processes information based on its legitimate interests to run the organisation including arranging hunts and related events. We also use information where it is necessary to fulfil our commitments to you as a hunt club member or hound sponsor. In some cases, South Downs Bloodhounds will rely on your consent.
What we do with your information. Your information is stored securely and access to the database is strictly limited to officials from South Downs Bloodhounds. We use your information to:
- Keep you informed of hunting days and general activities
- Communicate any necessary changes or updates regarding South Downs Bloodhounds
- Promote fundraising events
- Organise and run hunting days and related activities including for health and safety purposes and liaising with landowners and farms over events taking place on their land
- Manage the hound sponsorship scheme and hunt membership scheme
- Respond to direct messages and answer questions directed to us on our social media platforms
WE DO NOT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH ANY OTHER ORGANISATIONS OR INDIVIDUALS FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
Periodically we review how we process and protect data, therefore changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will publicise any material changes to ensure you are content.
Your rights and how to get in contact:
You have certain rights under data protection laws over your personal information and South Downs Bloodhounds will uphold these rights. In particular:
- You can contact us to change, correct or delete any or all of your personal information. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including helping address fraud and spam)
- You can unsubscribe from receiving any emails from us by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us
- Where we rely on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- You can request the transfer of your personal information.
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or are unhappy with how we have used your data, please contact the secretary at email@example.com or write to:
The Secretary South Downs Bloodhounds
c/o Hatch Barns